L

Are Rattlesnakes poisonous?

7 Answers
Are Rattlesnakes poisonous?
D

Yes, rattlesnakes are poisonous! Did you know that rattlesnakes are born with fully functioning fangs and venom and thereby is a killing machine at birth? Rattlesnakes venom can result in death in a short period of time; therefore, beware when a rattlesnake sinks its fangs into you! Get emergency help as soon as possible. Your life depends on it.

When bitten by a rattlesnake antivenom needs to be administered within two hours of the bite. Then the recovery is 99% successful.

...
A

They are quite dangerous. It can be fatal if you do not get help. It is also supposed to be very expensive from what I have read to get the medicine to take care of a bite. So it is not something that you want to happen. It is best to be careful around where they might be.

That is why some people have the snakes and collect the venom or however they do it, to make the antivenom serum.

http://www.10news.com/news/-143k-hospital-bill-shocks-snake-bite-victi m

...
P

Yes, rattlesnakes are "poisonous", though more people refer to them as "venomous" because they inject venom from their fangs. Rattlesnake venom is "hemotoxic" which means it destroys red blood cells and general tissues. It can also prevent blood clotting.

...
X

Rattlesnakes are venomous snakes that inject hemotoxic venom. This venom destroys tissue and causes necrosis and coagulopthy (blood clots). There are some species of rattlesnake that have a neurotoxin that causes severe paralysis.

...
I

Well technically they are venomous but yes their bite can be dangerous. When they bite they inject a hemotoxic venom that causes swelling, intense pain, internal bleeding, and destroys tissue. The vemon can also cause paralysis.

...
C

Every species of rattlesnake is poisonous. And every area of the United States has at least one species.

...
V

Yes.

...